Tuesday, September 14, 2010

No more apartment living

So, I'm tired of rehashing the last year. It's taking too long and I'm impatient.

Plus, there are so many other things going on in the present!

We are finally, finally, finally not living in an apartment anymore. YAY! I'm sure that we are a better couple for never being able to get further than 10 feet away from each other for 2.5 years, so there's that.

We're still renting, but we found the cutest little house and we've settled in for the next couple of years at least.

So, I give you the top things that make our new place better than our past apartments.

1. NO STAIRS!!!
We used to live on the THIRD floor. That means three flights of stairs everytime Mazie had to go out. Three flights of stairs with all of our groceries. Three flights of stairs when I forgot my Diet Coke in the mornings and had to run back up and get it. You get the picture.

2. NO FLOURESCENT LIGHTS!!!
They're so unflattering. Period.

3. CABINETS WITH PULLS!!!
We have actual cabinets that have actual hardware on them for opening and closing. No more of the plain-front stuff.

4. BACKYARD!!!
Mazie loves us more. Grilling. Firepit. And wait for it...s'mores.

5. GUEST ROOM!!!
My very nice Pottery Barn bedding from college has a place to call home again.

6. HARDWOOD FLOORS!!!
Be still my allergies.

I mean, these are just a few things. Can you tell I'm excited?

No comments: